1. Applicant must be currently enrolled and accepted in a BSW or MSW accredited program.
2. Preference given to those who have an interest in completing a School Social Work internship.
3. Preference will be given to student members of MSSWA.
• Two scholarships awarded each spring.
• Value of each scholarship is $500.00.
• Application must be postmarked by February 1, 2019.
• Submit application and other credentials to:
MSSWA C/O Jeri Nomeland
1120 Oakland Park Road, Thief River Falls, MN 56701
Applicants must submit copies of the following information:
A. Evidence of acceptance in an accredited MN Social Work Program.
B. Two to three letters of reference (one from a faculty member and one from a field placement supervisor, if appropriate).
C. Proof of student membership in MSSWA.
D. A current resume.
E. Statement in 200 words or less about future plans in School Social Work.
F. A current college transcript.
Winner will be notified February 12, 2019. The award will be given at the MSSWA Spring Conference on February 22, 2019.
Contact Jeri Nomeland at 218-689- 1808 with any questions.
About Don Rinkenberger
Don was elected MSSWA’s first president and began serving in 1969. He worked to promote the profession of school social work in Minnesota. The awards are given in recognition of his valuable service to all of us. He was a school social worker at Patrick Henry High School in Minneapolis